Collaboration, innovation & passion
Are you interested in joining a growing next-generation immuno-oncology company where you will be part of a team working on cutting-edge therapeutic science? We are a dynamic and inclusive organization that is passionate about improving outcomes for cancer patients.
Soteria Biotherapeutics offers competitive salary, bonus and equity compensation, with a comprehensive beneﬁts package, including medical, dental, vision, paid leave and a 401k plan.
If you would like to explore opportunities to join our team, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Soteria Biotherapeutics is seeking a research associate (BS or MS degree) to join our Immuno-Oncology preclinical development team in San Francisco’s Dogpatch neighborhood. Soteria is developing next-generation T-cell engager therapies that leverage a proprietary technology to precisely control drug activation. We believe this control is the key to safer and more efficacious treatments for cancer. In this role, you will contribute to cutting-edge therapeutic discovery in a dynamic and inclusive organization that is passionate about improving outcomes for patients in need.
- Support in vitro and in vivo experiments to prioritize and characterize new drug candidates
- Report to a Senior Scientist, Immuno-Oncology and work with them to design and interpret experiments
- Follow SOPs to measure T-cell-dependent cytotoxicity and cytokine production
- Operate instruments for flow cytometry, real-time microscopy, and plate-based measurements
- Maintain sterile cultures of mammalian cell lines and primary immune cells
- Isolate and cryopreserve human immune cells from leukapheresis packs
- Isolate mouse immune cells from dissociated tumors and tissues
- Reorder and restock lab consumables
- Document experimental procedures and results in a digital lab notebook and inventory system
- Proactively identify and execute ways to keep the lab running smoothly
- Communicate your results at scientific team meetings
- MS or BS in biotechnology, immunology, biology, biochemistry or a related discipline
- Demonstrated interest in cancer biology or immunology
- 2+ years (or MS) of full-time experience performing cell-based assays
- Experience performing tissue culture of mammalian cells
- Excellent planning skills and an ability to meet deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Track record of organized record-keeping
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and eager to contribute to a nimble, fast-paced team environment
Additional Preferred Experience
- Acquiring data in flow cytometry, IncuCyte, CellTiter-Glo, MSD, ELISA, or Luminex assays
- Using plate-based liquid handlers
- Processing tissues from mouse in vivo tumor models
- Analyzing data in GraphPad Prism
- Running scripts in Rstudio
At Soteria we value diversity and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.